Another one is about to bite the dust i think

jdeb101

Non-member
I got a Kole Tang a few days ago. Today he has a mark between his eyes that looks like a third eye. Its like a white ring with a white center. His color has also faded quite a bit. He is still feeding and swimming around, and also seems to enjoy my neon goby clinging onto his from time to time. Any ideas?

neon gobies can be bad, as they attack fish not clean them. if you research the anti parasitic cleaning abilities of a cleaner wrasee versus the neon gobie,you may see that a neon goby more or less irratates the fish. i dont know if thats why hes got a white spot. but may be a possibility

My chevron (which is similar in a lot of ways to the Kole) occasionally will have a light tan cholored splotch here or there, looks like it got bitten, stung, or something. Usually about 1-4 mm and more or less round.

I don't know what this is, but I've seen it many times, and it goes away gradually after a day or two. I think it's from when it bumps into things and gets a sort of bruise, but I'm %100 guessing on this? Does not seem consistent or even close to consistent with any pathogen/parisite I know of.

Thanks for the replys. I know Ill be getting some lecturing, but I did not qt him. I dont think the gobie was the cause of it, but he does seem to anny my fish sometimes. Ive noticed the tang chase him off a few times but it doesnt look like anything harmful.

Im praying it goes away. He is feeding as I said, and I put a few drops of garlic in the water also to hopefully help.

Ive had quite a few fish die on me in the past and they have looked similar before they bit the bullet. Is it at all possible that he ran into my BTA and thats what caused the white circle spot?

Just been feeding mysis and brine. He has been picking at the rock and glass a lot also.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Nori is the green seaweed salad right? I placed some on a clip in the tank the other day and he didnt even look at it. Im trying again right now.

He is looking a lot better today. Color isnt really as faded and the white mark on his head seems to be going away.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Nori is the green seaweed salad right? I placed some on a clip in the tank the other day and he didnt even look at it. Im trying again right now.
Even a fish likes to eat seaweed/algae won't necessarily recognize nori as foodfor a little while.

Back