Anthia with little white spots just showing up this morning? Is it Ich?

DavidLipps82

Non-member
How can you tell if the fish has ich? I tried to post a picture but the file seems to be too large? I've had this Anthia for about 3 months and has been doing very well but all of a sudden now it has these tiny white spots on its side and face ( one even on its eye ) I'd hate to loose this fish , it doesnt seem to be acting weird though, still swims fine and is still eating. Any suggestions?

2013-02-11_05-13-47_8 (200x113).jpg2013-02-11_05-20-30_836 (189x200).jpg

Ok i think i figured out how to post the pictures. Hope this helps

I've never had to deal with a fish disease before, the tank is a little over a year old. 60 gal. Any suggestions of what to do? None of my other fish have any signs of problems either, just this single one

anthias have a thicker slime coat, it could be sand on it?

And they have scales. Not impossible to have Ich, but a little harder than others. Anthias like to rest on the rocks and sometimes next to the sand. So it could very well be something on her other than Ich. I would just watch her closely and see if it comes out or changes...

Do you have a QT to put her in so you can isolate her just in case? I wouldn't dose just yet until you can confirm but at least you can try to mitigate the chance of it spreading by QT'ing.

False alarm. Thank you guys you hit the nail on the head. I got back from work and the fish is fine, all it was was the sand on it. Thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated

Back