Any BRS members who are good stand builders?

agent6473

Non-member
Considering getting a new tank with a 48"x48" footprint. Anyone here in the BRS known for their stand making skills? I'm not the best woodworker and would be willing to pay for a good stand, especially from someone local instead of ordering one.

Let me know if you or someone you know about is handy with building, and around how much you think it might cost to put it together.

Thanks,
Chris

Don't know if you have thought of this, but with a 4' square foot print you will have to have a stand height that is limited to the width of your widest doorway or you will have to build a 2 pc. stand, that is unless you have french doors.

Yeah, I did think of the height issue. Does not need to be super fancy. Very basic, that can support the tank and hold equipment/sump underneath for easy maintenance.

at a max height of ~35". you're going to find maintenance on a tank with that sized footprint a chore. Consider a 2 piece stand. I just had a custom built stand done for my 92. It wasn't cheap.

+1 on Jim, or PM NeO here and see if he is available. Jim's work is exceptional.

Yes, you're correct. 2 pieces is essential now that I did some measuring. Who is it that can build the steel stands here at the BRS? I know there are a few around who do it. That could work well for this project and may be easier and cheaper than a wood stand. Not sure about that, but just an idea. Who are those mystery welders of the group?

Back