Any longterm success w/gold torches?

jdemarco

Non-member
As the title says, just trying to gauge if people have similar long term success with the gold torches, as we do with other more common variation?
if so how long and are u willing to frag? lol

I have tried a few times with no real success. I have hammers, frogspawns but have never had luck with torches in my tank for some reason. I have gone back a few times because I love the color and movement but it never works out...

I cannot speak from personal experience, but I can say CRA has had one for awhile, and my buddy has had his for about a year.

I have great success with them and any other torches hammers and etc. The gold torch I have was in my friends tank for at least a year and he fragged it a few times before shutting get down his tank . Now it's in my tank and thriving.

Any pics? I have usually only seen 1-2 heads which is why I was asking about long term success because I never usually see colonies. Love to see any multi head pics you guys have. Thanks for all the responses so far, keep hem coming love to hear more stories good or bad, either way.

Any pics? I have usually only seen 1-2 heads which is why I was asking about long term success because I never usually see colonies. Love to see any multi head pics you guys have. Thanks for all the responses so far, keep hem coming love to hear more stories good or bad, either way.

The reason why you don't see many colonies spread throughout hobbyist tanks is that due to the expensive pricing per head (roughly $60 and up) retailers size their frags in the 1-2 head range which a customer is more apt to buy over say a $500 colony.

They also tend to be very slow growers as well so those smaller frags will take years before turning into a nice full colony. One of my friends introduced a 2 head frag into his system maybe 1.5-2 years ago and it is now only up to 4 with another head about to split.

thanks for the responses, still love to see some multi head pics doing well in your tanks, thanks for responses thus far....PICS?

Next time i'm at CRA in Seekonk i'll snap you a photo of their colony. It's very nice, probably about the size of a cantaloupe iirc.

Back