Any Plc Programmers Out There.

clamm

Nothing to nobody
Hey I was wanting to know if there are any plc programmers out there. I can programe ge fanic but probably will be limited to allen bradley. Im thinking of doing a auto feeding, lighting, topoff, ph control, calc doser, temp controll, med despincer, and more in one unit. anyone done all this before? I can easily do with with a PLC. I wonder if anyone is interested in helping with the setup and programming...fun project anyway...I need to get some more idea of the cost...when I was in college the plcs were donated...dont know if I can still get my hand on one.

Thanks!

I'll ask Eliot, he wants to do something like this and can program just about anything. Sounds like a nice wintertime project.

Ok, He doesn't have much experience in it, but at least he knew what you were talking about. He says you spelled fanuc wrong, but thats about all he has to add.

I used to program Rockwell Collins and Allen Bradley PLC. Simple ladder logic. Do you have the software and the PLC? That is quite an expensive solution for DIY project. PLC are not cheap. I also used to so the SCADA front end for those things using Intellution, RS Fix, and VB. So I could make you a nice GUI to go with it...along with database data collection, trending and so on. Those software packages are big bucks though. Plus they are kinda big. Prolly better off with a PIC or micro Controller...or buy X10 for cheaper and less time...

Back