Anyone have any Neoprene tubing? (Tygon)

Paula

I'm still around . ..
I am trying to hunt some down. ... not easy to find.

I have decided to move my CO2 bottle into the garage and keep my reactor under the stand. But that means I have to get a longer length (15 feet) of CO2 resistant tubing. I found a place that has it, but only in 50 foot rolls. I hate to order it online if I can just pick it up locally . . .

Home depot never heard of it .. . morons. Anyone have any I can buy...
or if I buy the 50 foot roll, would anyone need the extra?

TIA,
Paula

I use the tubing from home depot that you would use to run water to your ice maker in your fridge/freezer. I will check tonight to see if I have any more of it

Hi Ray -
Thanks - but if I remember correctly you have to be careful which type of tubing you use .... CO2 breaks down pvc and some other plastics. I ended up sending Sig Other off to get the 50 foot roll of tygon . . . so I will have some extra if anyone needs any.
Paula

It is not PVC tubing but polyethylene tubing. The kind used for soft drink fountains that use co2. It is also used for ice makers and ro/di lines(I think) it is more of a stiff line unlike air hose line

Hey Armando - Let me check at home to see where I put the extra. I ended up using about 25 feet I think . . .
Stay tuned . . .

Rays got it right.

>I use the tubing from home depot that you would use to run water to your ice maker in your fridge/freezer<

You can use the standard stuff at Home Depot for carbon dioxide. Last time I got a 25ft length of 1/4" ID for about $3. I have the stuff running all over my house with CO2 running to 4 different calcium reactors all from one 20# bottle and regulator.

last time i looked at HD I didn't find a "RO/DI size". Only a higher diameter one.

Paula I'm on standby :)

HD has 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" OD Polyethylene tubing. It's usually under the wall where all the John Guest fittings and small copper tubing fittings are.

Armando,
I remember now ... I had trouble finding the correct diameter at HD .. and ended up buying it at Marine Depot. They sell it for .99 / foot. I bought 20 feet of it and used the whole thing. Sorry. But here is the link. I know it is more expensive than what others have suggested, but I liked the quality, it is more flexibile, and and fact that it is the RIGHT stuff.

CO2-Proof Tubing

Good luck.
Paula

Greg Hiller said:
I have the stuff running all over my house with CO2 running to 4 different calcium reactors all from one 20# bottle and regulator.

LOL - if you've ever been to Greg's house, you'll know he isn't kidding on this one. :D

Back