Anyone have autoaqua smart ato micro?

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
Thinking of switching out my jbj ato for one of these. On sale for 99$ with free shipping. Pros/cons?

I got no experience with that kind but the Tunze is by far the only ato I would buy. I've had mine for a good 5-6 years and so far has not failed me at all.

At the macna they showed the micro ato and seemed like it was really nice

Seeing something at a trade show prominently displayed, talked up by manufacturer reps and saying it looks nice is a lot different than really world experience of fellow reefers who have used a product for years and years without issue. I seen a bunch of issues on RC and YouTube with those Autoaqua ATOs.

I have the standard Smart ATO and it is an amazing product. I cant believe they made it even smaller! I have my mine on a 20g fusion for a couple years now and would definitely recommend!!

Spectrapure ATO, been running for about 5 years now. Uses a pressure sensor instead of a float switch. I have the pump in the stand (1st floor) and it pulls from a brute can in the basement

Thanks Jeff! I basically want it because of the size. I run an all in one so anywhere i can save space is huge

Have the tunze osmolator top off since 2011 without any issues. I think the Tunze osmolator is one of the most reliable top off systems .

Having said that, I have seen the Smart top off at a.friend house, it is very nice and much smaller than the tunze. Not sure how good and how reliable they are.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

If you decide to go with the smart ato, aqua cave has a coupon for 10% off with the coupon "NY15" putting it at $89 with free shipping.

I have the standard Smart ATO one and would take it over any other ATO product any day. I've been using mine with zero complaints for nearly 2 years now. I'd imagine the micro is equally great. I've owned Eshopps and Tunze ATOs as well. Eshopps ATO I hated (float valve, not a fan) and the tunze one was definitely great and all, but I feel this one is far more reliable and a fraction of the price. I'd say go for it. Get it from a site online that has free returns if you're concerned.

Back