Anyone have experience with euro reef skimmers?

niftyjosh

Non-member
Just got an older model the SP-2 for 100$ brand new. I haven't set it up yet becasue I needed to order a new impeller for it (60$ yikes!) but I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or tricks?

This is a big skimmer for my just shy of 80 gallon system but I figured it would be nice to have for when I upgrade.

My biggest suggestion is to do a gatevalve mod, makes it much easier to control the water level in the skimmer. Also a constant water level in the sump is vital. You need to have an auto top off or use baffles top maintain a constant water level. And finally you may need to play with how deep the skimmer sits in the water. I built a small stand out of PVC and egg crate to raise the skimmer up so it is sitting in about 8" of water.

My biggest suggestion is to do a gatevalve mod, makes it much easier to control the water level in the skimmer. Also a constant water level in the sump is vital. You need to have an auto top off or use baffles top maintain a constant water level. And finally you may need to play with how deep the skimmer sits in the water. I built a small stand out of PVC and egg crate to raise the skimmer up so it is sitting in about 8" of water.

you took the words right out of my mouth

Back