Anyone have experience with the new Aqua Illuminations Nano light? Where to get?

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
Anyone on here have the newer style AI Nano?

The one with the touchscreen pictured here:
warm-white-ai-nano-led-2.jpg

I was wondering any PROS vs. CONS people have with this light.

Also, I have seen the light for cheapest being $299.99 with free shipping. Anyone seen a better deal?

I called Greg at Underwater World but he said they haven't been able to get them in stock. I wonder if/when they do, if they'd be able to cut me a deal cheaper than the $300, idk.

Either way, seems to be a great light with great features and would be great for my 5g for now turned down low then perfect for my future 16g. =]

Think it'd be bright enough for keeping SPS in a sumpless 16g AIO tank with a vortech and a skimmer?

Also, I am thinking of getting an aquarium that has a white overflow area. Is it really tough to keep looking clean compared to black? I know white reflects light/heat and black absorbs, so maybe algae won't grow as fast? IDK I just really think the white looks more elegant. But if it's gonna be a headache then I don't wanna bother with white.

Love myregular AI sol, but not sure how I feel about the touch screen on the new ones... If it works out anything like my expensive touch screen phone down the road? Let's just say I want to throw my phone out the window because the screen is such a pain. I like the simplicity of the AIs the way they are (the more fancy features they have, the more things there are to break!)but I'm sure that ones still a great fixture. Are those still compatible with the controller?

As for the white overflow, once it gets some scratches in it from cleaning it off, its going to be really hard to keep it looking nice and white. But if you like it a lot and don't mind cleaning it all the time, I say go for it :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well I am very new-age technology savy so the touch controls don't turn me away at all. If it breaks i'll have them repair it as i'm sure there's likely some form of warranty.

And yes, it is indeed compatible with the regular AI Controller. =]

Maybe I could get the white tank with it's white stand and white back area and then just put a custom piece of black vinyl stuck to the overflow area as that's really the only white area that is both visible and submerged in water... Hmm...

I mean, look how sexy it is in white:
[video=youtube;P2Sd9fIXd_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Sd9fIXd_8[/video]
I'd get rid of those crappy lights ofcourse for the AI Nano...

Last edited:
I had to poor bleach in my eyes and shove corks in my ears to make it through that video! The white does look awesome when it is clean though and would look great with a white stand and white LED fixture.

I had to poor bleach in my eyes and shove corks in my ears to make it through that video! The white does look awesome when it is clean though and would look great with a white stand and white LED fixture.

LOL! That's so funny, because my speakers were turned off so I was completely unaware of the hell that is the audio in that video!!! Hahaha.

And yeah, they're "special effects" are a bit more "special" than most... :rolleyes:

Back