anyone have the aquac remora with surface skimmer?

stewball

Non-member
im looking for some input on these skimmers thinking about one because of the surface attachment.
i have read some reviews seems ok but wanted to know the biggest tank someone has it on tia

I had one on my first 55 gal. I didnt have an ATO and it was a huge pain in the butt to adjust all the time due to the water level changing. If you can keep your water level steady it will work great though.

the skimmer makes a huge difference in the skimmate...and you don't see the pump in your tank. It does take up some tank space tho.....noise venturi was my main complaint.

i was planning a refugium with an ato on the side of the tank, sent it out to be drilled hope to get it back fri or sat.
so... it kept up with a 55 gal. nice.

I still own mine without box... The noise can be quieted with free mod using the top of plastic container. You line the edges using air tubing and wedge it into the side that doesn't lead to the cup. What a difference! People that have stopped by have asked why mine is so quiet without me mentioning it.
I had it on a 56g and did great. I didn't get the box cause of unstable water height. Easiest, best skimmer I have used thus far.

Here it is inside it blocks all the noise rising from the inlet of the pump. Best thing I did as far as DIY. I cut the rect from a butter lid then glued air tubing by splitting it down one side. Very easy, totally silent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343354386.113296.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343354386.113296.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343354399.742557.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1343354399.742557.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 131
i have one on my 65 gallon it works great after it is broken in. i have the overflow option to and for the first week it was filling up a 4 gallon water jug overnight. but once its broken in i works amazing. just make sure you clean the cup every couple of days like it says to. i have a mag drive 3 on it in the pre skim box and i was told the sponge on the pump wont fit in the box so u have to take it off but if u wiggle it just right it will fit u can make it quiet by adding paper towel over the jet tubing . as far as the pre skim box i honestly think its nice so you dont see the pump in the tank

Back