Anyone here run a 10g or smaller tank with LEDs???

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
I'm contemplating doing a lighting upgrade on the 5.5g EcoPico and was just wondering what others on here are using.

I was thinking a PAR38 bulb but IDK if it'd be too bright or too dim or how the coloration and spread would be. Another option is a DIY 6 LED kit from RapidLED. Not going back to T5s (I just don't like them) so anything LED related to tanks under 10g that you can post here would be appreciated =]

Do the par 38. I had a par30 on a 4 gallon and I wish I had a par 38. Just mount it high if your worried about coral then lower it.

I have a cadlights 4 gal with 8 cree leds on it, 5 royal blue 3 cool white. Gives me great color in my tank, mostly sps. I would say 6 is good, 4 royal blue 2 white - group them together to get the best color blending too

Which Par38 bulb do you guys think is the best brand currently? Also, anyone have pictures of any LED-lit tanks under 10 gallons? Doesn't have to be yours, I just wanna see how they look. I have the stock LED strips that came with the EcoPico and while I like them, it's just not bright enough. Plus I need just a hair more blue for my taste.

where is there a local place in worcester that sells those i need one for my 1.5 bowl. i only have a 10watt 50/50 bulb on it now

If i'm gonna upgrade i'd prefer to go with CREE LEDs whether it be a DIY or a PAR38.

What's people's opinions on the PAR38s that have reds or UVs in them? I saw the Ecoxitic PAr38 with the UV bulbs in it and the colors it gave off were INSANE but they don't make it anymore for some reason...

Back