Anyone here using Ocean motion?

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
I'm thinking about scrapping my SWCD and get a SS or an OM. I seen SS before and these things are big and bulky. Anyone here running an OM? I want to see it in action in person.

fishy business is going to be displaying one at their store which is have a grand opening soon. in falmouth. there is also a Forum that lists them with some pics if you missed it. look pretty cool. saw one at macna.

Pinkskunk is running one...Reefnroll is also....pretty impressive in both cases. Very nice flow...not much dead spots if any. Big pumps and alot of plumbing tho.

I am working on plumbing an OM Squirt. Should have it up in a few weeks. Your more than welcome to stop by and see it after it's running.

We are going to be putting one on the 120g. at Skipton's
Hopefully I can hit up Bec for some pointers.

-B-

I posted this on another thread: "I've just finished setting up mine, it's hooked up to a PanWorld 50PXX-MD30X pump, rated at 1110gph. The flow seems really good, but the tank is still empty (just water) so it's hard to tell for now... but I really like it the way it ramps up/down from one output to the other, there isn't an abrupt change in flow (this is due to the fact that there are always one and a half outputs open at any time)"

(btw, the tank is a 75g)

You're welcome to come and see it in person when the tank is ready, should take me a couple more weeks. 3 of the outputs go to pairs of loc-line nozzles after a "tee", close to the top of the tank, and the 4th output goes to a horizontal spray-bar that will be hidden behind the rockwork.

Nuno

I'm really interested in seeing your set up NUNOFS, billerica is right next door to me too.
What kind of OM you have? 4 way? 8 way? squirt?

I have the squirt... I thought the 8-way was overkill for a 75g, and I couldn't go with a much higher flow than around 1000gph anyway because I'll have a DSB, so the squirt seemed enough for my needs.

If you just want to see it running with just fresh water in the garage, you're welcome to drop by anytime... if you want to see how it looks like in a full tank, I'll need a couple more weeks to have everything ready. PM me and let me know.

Nuno

this is me -

I've always wanted to be someone's goddess! C'mon over and see the 4-way OM in person.. anytime. I love this thing. I had a SCWD before this, and there's just no comparison. Best thing is that you can upgrade the unit by just changing the pump... so if yo upgrade to a larger tank in the future, the OM is still useful - just need a more powerful pump to move more water. It can handle anything from the smallest to the largest pump... depending upon the needs of your setup. As you know.. wiith the SCWD you're limited because it can't handle a larger pump... which I need because of the 6-foot lenght of my tank and the density of corals. My OM is running on my 125 reef with a Mag 18.

B -
Let me know when you're ready to plumb the tank at the store. I would love to come and help.

bec

Jeff, good to see that visit yesterday inspired you to look into the oceans motions.
From what I've seen it's a great product.

Bec - I have a 135 that I will be setting up. I am also interested in your set-up since they are similar sized tanks.

Before I purchase the OM I would love to see your set up. Is the OM the only source of water motion besides your returns on your tank?

I've also heard you got a pretty sweet way to do water changes. That is also something I am planning.

Karl, thanks for your time last night you guys convinced me to go with the OM. I'm thinking of running the OM in a closed loop, and a separate pump for the Mega Flows returns.

Hey Kim -

I have the OM and my returns... that's it. I get plenty of flow... and you and Jeff (and anyone else who would like to make the trip) are welcome to come and check out the tank. The basement system is also now on line, so you can see the water changes and whatever else I'm doing down there for yourself.

Let me know if/when you'd like to stop by and we can do a little tour. Not that I want to sell tickets or anything, but a number of folks have expressed interest... and the setup is ready for show and tell - so let me know.

bec

Hi reefnroll I would love to see the OM up and running. Where are you located and let me know a good time for you evenings or weekends?

Thanks

Hey Jeff -

I'm in Somerville. Looks like 'this is me' is coming next Monday PM, between about 5 and 7PM. You are welcome to swing by at the same time if you like. If weekends are better (I notice you live in RI), then we can also work something out. Drop me a PM and we'll get it together.

b

Having seen Bec's setup, it is well worth the trip! Besides the OM, her whole water change/plumbing set up is something to see. Bec, can't wait to come see the finished product. I'll PM you about next week. Maybe I can piggy-back on the Monday get-together?

A question I have about the OM: can I plumb it into the back of a new tank so it doesn't come over the top? Would that mean drilling 4 holes into the back? Or could I drill 4 holes in the bottom to have the pipes come up through the rockwork (or is this asking for trouble??). Dedfish - you said you are plumbing the squirt? How does that work? Don't you need the OM to run the Squirt? A little confused here....

Daire

Back