Anyone in the club make their own rock scapes with cement?

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
if anyone does this I could use some tips/ if you are making some I could pay to have a certain form made

I've done it in the past and can offer advice. What are you trying to create?

I want to make similar pillars to the ones on marcos rock but want to make the base wider with a cave or 2 and flat pieces at the tops for corals

what is the mixture to making it the perfect porous consistency and how do i go about hardening it up. also what brand cement do I use and what kind of sand/salt for the pours.

Doesn't concrete make the ph goes up through the roof unless you cure it for a long time? I think Marco Rocks sells salt water safe mortar.

Hello jtm i have a piece you might be interested in to save you some time and money.it's big 19 x17x 15 30lbs or so it's a resine cast coral the base of it is a cave about the size of real big dinner plate the top reminds me of moose antlers 5 of them in a bowl like shape it's a nice piece bought it for my red sea max 250 but just did not fit right .i'll grab a couple pictures when i get chance and i'll let it go for $25 .hth don

it's on a 14 gallon biocube

http://mail.aol.com/35138-111/aol-6...wMail&partId=3&saveAs=IMG_20111224_144738.jpg

Last edited:
Back