Anyone in the club have these fish or tried with any luck

i have had many tilefish(8-10 or more) in the 10 years of reefing the longest any of them lasted was actually the last one i bought at lovely p.,it was a purple tile(he lasted about six months which is the record for me,)but i was still buying them when they would turn up because they are so beautiful i bought 2 that day and one was a very brave one ,he was out in the open and eating with the other fish from day 1,but the other went into hiding and once in a while he'd peek out. when he finnally started coming out i noticed a mark on his body and he was dead in a week the first thing they usually do is disapear for up to 2 months sometimes before i ever saw them again that was one time the longest hiding period.ive had 4or5 skunk tiles and at least 6 purple tiles which are my favorite fish of all time.BUT THEY ARE INCREDIBLE JUMPERS,they will find the tiniest opening and in the middle of the night they will aim for that hole like a salmon jumping upstream,i have found 3 dead tiles in the morning on the floor in back of the tank.i believe that the flasher has these same traits ,because i also had a blue head tile with identical habits.anyway i bought one of those orange striped gobies that live with pistol scrimp at the needham petco in a coral tank for 17.00 ,and saw that there is another one there as of wed.mine is doing fantastic,i used a water treatment( revive)while acclimating and put him in a baby net enclosier with the smallest amount of petco water just enough for the fish to slide into the net so i could get him eating and slowly introducing him to his tankmates.he is doing fantastic,but he too is a BIG TIME JUMPER--good luck

wow i just saw the 2 movies that fish is nothing short of amazing,i know the other tiles go for $50-90,im betting that one is triple that price

Back