Anyone know where to buy "Gate" valves locally? Thanks!!

SMI

Non-member
Anyone know where to buy "Gate" valves locally? Didn't want to use ball valves from the Depot..Thanks!

Although it depends on what you're using them for, in general, I would not recommend any gate valvesn available in the hobby.

I wouldn't recommend HD Ball valves either (HD doesn't make them, they're just a common variety that HD happens to carry). There are high quality ball valves that are available online that I do recommend highly,

Matt:cool:

Matt L. said:
Although it depends on what you're using them for, in general, I would not recommend any gate valvesn available in the hobby.

I wouldn't recommend HD Ball valves either (HD doesn't make them, they're just a common variety that HD happens to carry). There are high quality ball valves that are available online that I do recommend highly,

Matt:cool:

Care to share a link? :)

Hi Mark - I have ordered from Savko with great results.
Savko

I have 1", 1.5" and 2" true union ball valves on my system. Every single bulkhead and pump has one of these. Very handy.

im pretty sure that sea creatures in NP has them. I know ive seen them there b4. call john tomorrow

TI carries gate valves but they are way expensive. They are the nice ones like the ones that come with PM skimmers.

Back