anyone running 10k mh's????

jfourn83

Non-member
thinking of switching to 10ks for some better growth . anyone have pics plus what bulb your using

10K in the heart of it..400 watt...250 10k's on the side with 175 20's all the way across. (3) all ushio 6 Total MH at full bore!!

10K in the heart of it..400 watt...250 10k's on the side with 175 20's all the way across. (3) all ushio 6 Total MH at full bore!!

Holy crap!!!! Surprised you haven't worn out the dials on the electrical meter yet from over spinning them...LOL Power company must love you.

1865 watts at peak... (with the extra 440 watts of VHO added!!) but as I said...Peak....That is simulated as in nature....the lights go on in sequence....& peak @ 12:00-2:00

I have alot of equipment...most r dialed in to b the most effecient...Except for my skimmer....It uses 165 watts!!! that is why the bigger tanks have gone by the wayside!! (for the most part) If the hood didn't cost me 1800.00 in materials to build (without any bulbs sockets or ballasts) I may have considered going smaller....But...I probably wouldn't b happy.....

Last edited:
1865 watts at peak... (with the extra 440 watts of VHO added!!) but as I said...Peak....That is simulated as in nature....the lights go on in sequence....& peak @ 12:00-2:00

I have alot of equipment...most r dialed in to b the most effecient...Except for my skimmer....It uses 165 watts!!! that is why the bigger tanks have gone by the wayside!! (for the most part) If the hood didn't cost me 1800.00 in materials to build (without any bulbs sockets or ballasts) I may have considered going smaller....But...I probably wouldn't b happy.....

Wise man, Very well thought out.

Back