Anyone running and having problems with the SpeedWave DC pumps?

jamesdong009

Anthony
I've been running the Speedwave DC-3000 since May and haven't had any issues until today.

I came home for my lunch break and decided to feed my fish. Today was the first time I've used the feed button on the controller and the pump won't turn back on. I took it apart and cleaned it but it seems like there's no power to the pump itself.

Decided to stay home and never went back to work ;), but now I'm back to running my old reliable Eheim pump until I can get the pump working again.

My skimmer pump didn't restart once (RLSS, the same pump). I took it apart and cleaned, then it started right back up again and I haven't had any issues since.

I'd check the connections on the powersupply and the control unit, then check the powersupply with a multimeter.

Yeah I'm going to check the cable to the controller tomorrow to make sure there are no breaks. The lights on the controller are still on so it might just be a connection issue.

Thanks for the multimeter tip John. Now can you come over and help me find it :eek:

I've had a Speedwave 10000 running as my return pump for 4 months now and I luv it! No issues. I use the feed button almost daily. I have read of them falling though...so far mine is going strong, but I am planning on buying a Mag 18 for back up. At least I know those guys r bullet proof! :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Back