anyone seen my pods?!?

sdexcalibur1

Fish junkie
OK so my daughter calls me over to check out this bug in the tank, To my inexperianced eye, I say finally we have pods, Over the next couple of week, They are all over the place, At night I get my flash light and go bug hunting, But lately I haven't been able to find any,
I stopped with the microvert for a week or so, because of an out break in hair algea, Now gone, I started a every other day cycle again, This time adding less, Do you think this had anything to do with the desiperiance.
All that's in the tank is perc. clown, LMB, and inverts (crabs, shrimp, snails, ect). I eveb added a couple more peices of rock since I found them, Wanted to get a mandrin someday, but looks like I'm moving in reverse.
Water
ammonia 0
rite 0
rate less 10
salinity 1.025

don't shine a flashlight on the tank if you're searching for nightlife. they are extremely light sensitive and will hide as soon as they see any illumination.
try just looking for them in the dark or with a red light. i rubber banded several layers of red plastic wrap over my flashlight and it seems to work nicely. be prepared for uglies though.
have fun... often times we fail to acknowledge the different tank we have after the lights are off.
~genki

when i had a bad hair algae problem, my tank was loaded with pods.
once the HA was fixed, the pod population dropped dramatically.

Back