Anyone up for LFS tour

delta

Impatient Reefer
Anyone up for LFS tour?

So being out of the loop I haven;t had the chance to check out any of the new Sponsors/store and one interested in making this a day trip? few cars( possibly a minivan) coolers and some reef purchases? Probably some food

Most likely regional tours as I think it would be too hard to do the North and southern belt in one day.

If anyone is interested just post interest here with region north, south, west, central and stores you think would be good to check out. If we get enough interest we can start a planning thread in informal gathering

Last edited:
Count me in!
I don't care where it is. Just want to get in the loop of meeting local members again.

I think it should be a club event. Charter a bus. Like in the video, it's planned so the stores would be ready and well stocked for all the people that would show up to buy. It's really a good thing for them. A big change from a regular meeting for us and would be a lot of fun. Our only problem is how spaced out they all are. I think we would need a south shore event and a north shore event at different times. The video is in Texas and they have 5 stores all within 20 minutes of each other! They are gone all day. Lucky.

In the North we have
-Aqua Addict
-Jay's Aqquatic
-Ocean in Glass
-Love the Reef

Central and Southern MA
-Tropic Isle
-Under Water World
-Coral Reef Aquarium

All these have been a sponsor of BRS at one point. Not sure how good the relationship is still....
We can definitely set something up. Even with 3 stores, it's a worth it trip.

AquaAddict was relocated
Sign me up for the tour.

AquaAddict was relocated
Sign me up for the tour.

New location is within 15mins of Jays and Ocean in Glass.

should add Unique Aquaria to the northern list.
I'm not welcome at this particular store. I'll have to sit in the bus when you guys go in there. :D
Please leave it at that. I don't want to start this conversation. Just do some searching on the site if you're really want to dig into it.

With the above list of LFS, there's plenty of worthy LFS to tour in the South or North. I think 5 LFS is max we want to tour in a single day. I really hope this thread will go somewhere. It's a great idea and one to get our previous sponsors back on the site.

I know the LFS can use the business . lets face it online is killing them . and don't we all want to see the fish and coral we buy before getting it home ? Not to mention the availability of "emergency needs " Like I said before Im in

ok guys so I have called my stepfather who drives buses and limos for a company and I got a guesstimate quote from him on how much it would be to rent a small party bus. he told me for roughly 25-30 people it can be between $500 and $800 maybe a lil more it also depends on how many hours we will be out there. I will be calling his job to get a better quote though. but I don't think that is a bad price range at all

that's roughly $20-$30 per person which is not bad at all

Maybe the club would pay for some of the cost as well. Especially if it's in place of a monthly meeting. I recall bus trips in the past.

Back