Anyone use Blueline metal halide bulbs?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
They claimed they are the most popular metal halide bulbs in public aquarium and coral farm. So anyone has first hand experience? Thanks

i tried a 250 blueline. In all fairness i did not notice any difference compared to a cheapy plusrite

OK is it.

IIRC from Sanjays old testing the PAR was pretty unimpressive. IME/IMO color unremarkable.

They probably have sold a lot of them..... Because they were on the market a long time before many of the better bulbs were either available and or catching on as better options.

My opinion, if you want a really kick butt "10k" lamp get a ushio 14k. Good PAR and a nice white "10K" appearance to the eye but with a bit wider actual spectrum so some colors pop a bit more than with most "10K" lamps.

Comparable to a Radium?
Plus not all Radiums are blue! I also have a German radium Daylight, its an exact look to an iwasaki 6.5k OMG great growth, just not good to look at lol
radium daylight.jpg
Here's a pic of my old Tank, back in Wales. 5x400 watt Halides, with iwasaki 6500k lamps in Decent reflectors. Heavy supplemented, with old school T12 Phillips 150 watt Actinics x 4
lengthy shot.jpg

Last edited:
Back