Anyone use hanna salinity checker.

Yeah I use it almost daily. I've found it to be very consistent, matches up against my refractometer. I've been using it for about 3 months now, just make sure to calibrate it every once in a while (and make sure the calibration solution is room temp) and wash it with fresh water after using it. The only real con is the price I guess, but it's worth it to me.

I have had 2, the first after the initial calibration, would never calibrate or read correctly again. It was replaced under warranty and the new one has been great.

I use it, also I carry calibration standard for it,
It is pretty good, just need to calibrate it once a while.

Just FYI. Of course supporting LFS is preferable but If you order direct from Hanna they are NE local—ships from Smithfield, RI which can mean as fast as next day arrrival. I find they’ve shipped orders same or next day.

I did order from hanna. Local didn't have it in stock and I need it asap. Thanks for the heads up tjo thats pretty cool

Just FYI. Of course supporting LFS is preferable but If you order direct from Hanna they are NE local—ships from Smithfield, RI which can mean as fast as next day arrrival. I find they’ve shipped orders same or next day.
They also cover warranties going through them.

Alright I'm so lost. So now the hanna says 35ppt. Just calibrated and everything. Salt is spot on. 35ppt

I just went to get the water tested at the fish store. Salt level was 1.030 from there refractormeter.

What the hell is going on.

Either your Hanna is off or their refractometer is off. When was the last time the LFS calibrated their refractometer?

Maybe ask Frank in Groton for a sample of his water along with what his reading is?

Back