Anyone with Dollabella sea hare to loan or sell

Kymot

BRS Member
Hi fellow refeers, battling hydroids in our 20G such a pain and wont go away, saw a youtube video of dollabella seahare munching hydroids. Not sure if it’ll consistently eat them but willing to try anything at this point. Anyone has one willing to loan or sell? Or if you know where I can get one. Truly appreciate the help. Thx

I have one for sale. $20. It’s funny been posted for couple weeks. I thought no one else had algae issues. Message me if interested

Last edited:
Just battled hydroids in my tank. Found a thread on r2r i think. Anyway this is what I did. Use Fenbendazole. Its the active ingredient in got rid of them alsoCanine Dewormer. I had a blue clove problem also and this did the trick. This treatment is very effective. Did not harm any sps, lps However softies will die. Any leathers, toad stools or others alike will die. move them to another tank or have a buddy hold on to them for you. Link below worked great for me. Good luck.

Max Draco | Just another WordPress.com site

Just battled hydroids in my tank. Found a thread on r2r i think. Anyway this is what I did. Use Fenbendazole. Its the active ingredient in got rid of them alsoCanine Dewormer. I had a blue clove problem also and this did the trick. This treatment is very effective. Did not harm any sps, lps However softies will die. Any leathers, toad stools or others alike will die. move them to another tank or have a buddy hold on to them for you. Link below worked great for me. Good luck.

Max Draco | Just another WordPress.com site
Thanks for the article. I’ve read the seahorse article as well but worried about the impact to live rocks. Did you move the rock out and dip them? Did you just dose it in the tank?
Any impact to shrimps? Zoa (as they’re grown to the rock now? Again for for your help

I dosed the tank. live stock was fine fish and shrimp. I have a fire shrimp, 2 pistols both good. the corals didn't bother cheato, shrooms, zoa, nems, duncan, hammers. It went pretty much as the article stated honestly. I was surprised. Also forgot to remove Tryee toad stool. got it out in the first 24hrs but it and a finger leather died.

I dosed the tank. live stock was fine fish and shrimp. I have a fire shrimp, 2 pistols both good. the corals didn't bother cheato, shrooms, zoa, nems, duncan, hammers. It went pretty much as the article stated honestly. I was surprised. Also forgot to remove Tryee toad stool. got it out in the first 24hrs but it and a finger leather died.
Thank you, I’ll probably give it a try, thanks for sharing ur experience. We’re pretty tired of it.

Sorry one more q, which brand of fenbendazole? Or did you Safe Guard?

Sorry one more q, which brand of fenbendazole? Or did you Safe Guard?
The Fenb. is the chemical not a brand you need. This is what I used

Attachments

• safeguard.jpg
    safeguard.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 148
Back