APEX Controller Question

OK, I am finally going to replace my MH lamps with LEDs. I am going with the Exotic Cannon 100 W LED lamps and a special dimmable power supply.

I will be controlling these with the APEX variable voltage output ports. I think these are analog signals and that I should not have a problem with running the control lines from my APEX in the garage to my tank in my aquarium hood which is around 30 feet.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem?
Can I use long (around 30 feet) control cables to the dimmable power supply without noise issues?

The Aquabus cables are not for the variable output ports. The variable output ports use telephone type RJ45 connectors...but thanks for the cable site!

I have read that the "Aqua Bus" cables are just USB cables. There is an old thread on RC that is similar.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852246

The Neptune Systems website has this posted, "Cable lengths over 200 feet."
http://www.neptunesys.com/~clp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=40

I like to use Monoprice.com for inexpensive cables.

OK, I am finally going to replace my MH lamps with LEDs. I am going with the Exotic Cannon 100 W LED lamps and a special dimmable power supply.

I will be controlling these with the APEX variable voltage output ports. I think these are analog signals and that I should not have a problem with running the control lines from my APEX in the garage to my tank in my aquarium hood which is around 30 feet.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem?
Can I use long (around 30 feet) control cables to the dimmable power supply without noise issues?

From my understand no you would need to daisy chain them in 10' sections. but I am no expert either

Last edited:
i doubt it would be much of a problem, you can look up resistance per ft of cable depending on gauge, but the current being used for a reference voltage is very low ~20ma or so. as far a noise goes if you are concerned you can get cable with a jacket around it to prevent noise

Back