Apex controller wont turn on

Mavpond

Non-member
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone had this happen to them with Their apex. started with my trident it said it was disconnected. Then my energy bars. 3 of them. Then finally the apex controller wouldn’t turn off after I tried resetting it a few times. unplugged everything and plugged it back in. Now soon as I plug a usb cord to power up the apex. It shuts the energy bar right down. Wish I could upload video. Thank you.

try calling Neptune. They replaced my failed wav pump for a cost even though it was out of warentee. which was cheaper than buying a new one. They might have similar deal for the main unit. Did you try starting with nothing plugged in to see if it’s something else causing it

Neptune also has an online forum. You could try posting there. Its on the smaller side but there is a lot of apex expertise.

try calling Neptune. They replaced my failed wav pump for a cost even though it was out of warentee. which was cheaper than buying a new one. They might have similar deal for the main unit. Did you try starting with nothing plugged in to see if it’s something else causing it
Ill call them when they open in a few hours. Yeah usb into apex. I wish I had the apex power cord. But soon as I connect the usb it will shut the energy bar off with nothing plugged in

They can remote into the units which is really helpful. Hopefully they can ID an easy fix.

I went through similar the issue a couple of months ago and had no idea of what was going on. Apex customer service is very slow in responding. I had the issue with one of the aquabus cable. Which seem to be the culprit in your case as well. They seem to go bad once in a while and there is no good way to tell which one has gone bad but it screws up everything. Luckily, I was home and not on vacation. Here is what they asked me to do and what I did to solve the issue. . .

Disconnect all aquabus cables. Restart the Apex by connecting one of the energy bars, then go on adding one by one with other bars with aquabus cable. As soon as you connect a bad aquabus either to the energy bar or one of other modules the apex disconnects/stops working. Take that last aquabus out. You might be able to find a new aquabus cable in one of the local store or live without one of the module that is not essential until you get one.

Good luck!

Steps to take that I received from Neptune. . .

1647265964089.png

Soon as I plug the energy bar into the controller using usb it turns the energy bar off. Wish I could show you guys a video. So I can’t power on the controller because it doesn’t even give anything a chance. Even used an ffm module using that power. usb over to the controller it turns that ffm module off. Same with the cor 20 module I tried that also. Thank you for the responses. Maybe I’ll post the Video on our Facebook page.

The apex supports an external power supply. You need to plug it in to power on the unit without the energy bar.

Yeah. talked To Neptune they are gonna send another one out soon as I send mine out. So this will be good just gotta wait on the business I got the apex from for the receipt

Back