Apex network help

Dalesreef

Non-member
Can anybody please walk me thru setting up my apex network so I can control it from outside my house im not good with computers at all lol
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

1) Open up PORT 80 on your ROUTER/FIREWALL; steps depend on the make/model you own. Should be easy to find a YouTube/Google tutorial with some quick searching
2) Figure out what the internal IP ADDRESS is for your Apex (your router might have an 'Attached Devices' page, or you could look in the Apex display/webpage)
3) Forward PORT 80 from your router/firewall to the Apex (again, depends on model, Google for steps)
4) Know your external IP address (http://whatismyipaddress.com/)

NOTE: Even if you get it set up correctly, from inside your home/local network, it might not work. Depends how your network configuration is set up. Best bet is to try from a mobile phone or something not connected to your local network.

I can use my apex on the ipad but not my phone. Any advice?

What happens differently when you try to connect with your phone? How are you trying to connect, locally on your home network/wifi, or remotely through 3G/4G/whatever (not on your local network)?

More details required.

What happens differently when you try to connect with your phone? How are you trying to connect, locally on your home network/wifi, or remotely through 3G/4G/whatever (not on your local network)?

More details required.

While on my home wifi I can get it, but as soon as I turn off wifi and got 4g the connection times out

While on my home wifi I can get it, but as soon as I turn off wifi and got 4g the connection times out

You're behind the firewall, forward the port. If you're using port 80 and it doesn't work, pick another port and try again. Many ISP block port 80.

How do I know what other port numbers I can use

i use 4848 i think. i know its a higher end number. I'm pretty sure you can use any number under 9999 as long as you forward the port correctly... I've used up to 60000 for programs and other things but i don't think the apex goes that high.

You can you up to any 4 digit number. Port 80 was blocked for me. Every since i changed it i have had no issues.

You can also try dyndns.org and sign up for a free domain name and setup your router to "sync" your router's IP address. Instead of remembering your IP address which may change over time, you can use something like myreef.dyndns.org:xxxx (where xxxx is the port number that you enabled for port forwarding on your router) to get to your apex. I would definitely change the port number from 80 to something else for security reason. Within your home network, you can keep the default port 80.

You might consider using a port other than 80 for your internal network also. I have many other net connected appliances in my local area network and there can be conflicts if using the same port 80. The Apex can be configured for alternate ports where some other appliances cannot.

Back