Apex trident research

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
I’ve read goof and bad reviews, as opposed to Red Sea dos. Any opinions? I do have the apex start up, but no trident as my system is in its first week of cycling.

Trident is the automatic tester and DOS is the dosing pump. Looks like you might have them confused since you were referring to Redsea dos?

If you have an apex already I would recommend the dos. I have 2 dos pumps one for 2 part and the other for a automatic water change and they both work well. You can sometimes find good deals on used pumps and just replace the heads since the motors themselves are pretty robust. I also have a trident and that works well, I am using ABC reagents and I have found them to be much more consistent that Neptunes reagents.

Get APex with trident. Life is so much easier with auto testing. Click a button on phone and in 10 mins you have your measurements.
I have 2 Apex Dos's also and they seem to do the job. Ones been making a clicking noise lately but still delievering. Life is good.

Get APex with trident. Life is so much easier with auto testing. Click a button on phone and in 10 mins you have your measurements.
I have 2 Apex Dos's also and they seem to do the job. Ones been making a clicking noise lately but still delievering. Life is good.
I need easy…thanks

Trident is the automatic tester and DOS is the dosing pump. Looks like you might have them confused since you were referring to Redsea dos?

If you have an apex already I would recommend the dos. I have 2 dos pumps one for 2 part and the other for a automatic water change and they both work well. You can sometimes find good deals on used pumps and just replace the heads since the motors themselves are pretty robust. I also have a trident and that works well, I am using ABC reagents and I have found them to be much more consistent that Neptunes reagents.
I’ll look into the trident…thank you

What are you intentions for the tank? Corals? Fish? species?
Fish, some corals…softies. I’m gonna stick to small fish 4” and under , my big thing is fish. Right now I have a 12 gallon that’s pissing me off…I’m finding that keeping the levels in a 12g is more difficult than in a 75gl

Trident isn’t needed for softies. If you’re going full Acro or fast growing SPS, then it might be worth having a Trident.

I do recommend a DOS, or pair of Versas for AWC, or some kind of semi-AWC setup. Water changes are back breaking.

That’s the problem…it’ll probably be a mix. Can’t help myself… I’ll definitely get an automated dos system….when that time comes.

Every controller or piece of equipment has it's pro and cons. I personally use one of our sponsors here, GHL.

I haven't had a single issue with any of their products since I've implemented them into use. I have GHL Profilux P4 controller, Doser 2.1 with 4 heads instead of Neptune's two on their DOS. I used to use their KH Director to test alkalinity but have since moved onto a calcium reactor and have since sold it. I may purchase another done the road.
A decent amount of us use them because the build quality and lifespan is exceptional if you ask any of us.

Have a look here:

Also, our sponsor @ReefBum is and authorized dealer of the products as well.

Every controller or piece of equipment has it's pro and cons. I personally use one of our sponsors here, GHL.

I haven't had a single issue with any of their products since I've implemented them into use. I have GHL Profilux P4 controller, Doser 2.1 with 4 heads instead of Neptune's two on their DOS. I used to use their KH Director to test alkalinity but have since moved onto a calcium reactor and have since sold it. I may purchase another done the road.
A decent amount of us use them because the build quality and lifespan is exceptional if you ask any of us.

Have a look here:

Also, our sponsor @ReefBum is and authorized dealer of the products as well.
A lot to think about…technology has grown Thanks for the link.

Back