April Photo Contest!!! Congrats Skeeter7424!

turtletrax624

Non-member
Congrats Skeeter7424 on winning the April Photo Contest for Spots!!!

mb.jpg
LOTS of great submissions, and LOVED the competition!
Look forward to another great race for MAY!!!

WOHOO!

Thanks all. That was a crazy ending...

And also to mention, this photo is a memorial. We lost our beloved "Mr. Bananas" about a month ago. Even for the super grumpy face, he was a cool fish to have!

Congrats. Sorry for your loss. Care to share any details on how you got the shot, camera, lens etc, for us armature photographers?

Congrats. Sorry for your loss. Care to share any details on how you got the shot, camera, lens etc, for us armature photographers?

Was shot just after feeding time, when he usually perched next to those AOG palys. His hole in the rockwork was right there, so I just sat and waited for him to pop out. This was shot with our Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Stock lens. f/5.6. Exposure 1/400. ISO-800. Shot was -1 step on "Aperture Priority". Only slightly touched up using "IrfanView" photo editor/resizer.

Congrats! Mr. Grumpygills is sad that he was just one vote away from being in the tiebreaker, but he says he can let it slide in honor of the late Mr. Bananas :)

Thanks! Yeah, he was pretty grumpy...All the time.

he was around for quite a while, and I have to say, he held up well, Through two moves, and 3 0r 4 tank upgrades..

it was a good fight arch :)

There is always next month! Get shooting!

Lol thanks.

Unfortunately our clowns aren't hosting, and I have a feeling you guys will be submitting that other photo of your clowns hosting nems. (i saw it once before in some thread; amazing photo) .. So unless I can take a photo somewhere of clowns hosting that has a chance, I will probably stay out for this month :p

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

^ Or you could be like me and start a frantic attempt to get your clowns to host one of the many host-able things in your tank :D

^ Or you could be like me and start a frantic attempt to get your clowns to host one of the many host-able things in your tank :D

haha we tried -- got two nems (gave one away because they wouldn't go to either one), have tons of frogspawn, bought a friggen' wellsophyllia for them ... they just won't go to anything!

Back