Aqaurium Gallery made things right

Bobbofin

Non-member
A special thanks to B at AG for his efforts on my behalf. I purchased a Geisemann bulb from AG per his recommendation for my Coralife h.o.b. Aqualight. The Coralife 20,000k bulb shifted from blue to white in four and a half months. We both thought that the ? round glass shield was a UV shield. Coralife website and manual for the light are completely void of any information regarding the shielding of the bulb or the ? round glass shield. To make a long story short, I fried my tank with UV rays.
I then contacted B and emailed Coralife concerning this. I got two emails back from Rob Moneyhan from Coralife basically saying they will send me another bulb for free for the shifted one and another stating that it is not Coralife?s fault even if their manual and website is vague, lacking and omitting of information that the consumer could use to make safe and reasonable bulb replacement choices. The latter email reads like it went through Coralife?s legal department first, shifting all the blame on the consumer who was not provided with proper information to make intelligent choices. One sentence like this on their website and in the operators manual would have done it, ?Coralife bulbs are UV shielded for you and your livestock?s protection, use only Coralife UV shielded bulbs.? How hard is that!
B has been on the phone with Coralife and he has done right by me to set it right. He feels he is partly to blame for not knowing. How could B, you, the online purchaser or I know if Coralife does not give you the information? I feel omitting important and needed information is as bad as giving faulty information. I am totally disgusted with Coralife to the point where I already sold the Aqualight on eBay at a significant loss compared to the purchase price. The purchaser already knows about the situation. The fiasco I went through with the VHO ballast kits ten years ago should have been a red flag, three of them fried in 26 months. I may be slow but I think I?m finally getting it.
B gave me $75 off a Current USA Sunpod and a $100 livestock credit. He is now going after Coralife concerning this. B has been very calm and responsive to the situation and is doing what he can do on his end. Thank you B for your professionalism! I have remained calm, venting a little on these boards but I?m not becoming unhinged. Thank you to all who put up with my venting, I appreciate it?..Bobby

Yup. That's B, alright. He goes above and beyond for his customers all the time. That's why we keep going back! :)

Well, that, and the fact that he's always got nice things for sale... :p

Second that, Gina! Like we discussed the other night, its too bad there so close to us. With service like that, I'll be forced to spend more money there. :)

B, Wiggy and Rob are all excellent people. [Reference to other stores removed, we try to keep these threads on one store so that good or bad, the comments can be seen and responded to, this is part of the rules of this forum, Thanks.] We are so blessed here in Southern NH to have such good vendors!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you think about all the area's our club has members in you would be hard pressed to find one that has vendors this great. no offense to the others but those 2 are great and seem to take it another step.

Back