Where's The Aquarium Gallery?

Bottom line everyone...

If you like the goods they have available, the price is right, location is right, and you're treated well when you go there, buy from them.

If it didn't happen to you, just make your own decisions on where to buy / not buy.

Exactly...

Bottom line everyone...

If you like the goods they have available, the price is right, location is right, and you're treated well when you go there, buy from them.

If it didn't happen to you, just make your own decisions on where to buy / not buy.

I agree totally!!! Well said :cool:

I think I disagree,

I find it refreshing that people are demanding a higher ethecal standard of the places they choose to spend their money.
I (MarcoRocks) was hit by one of their little "shenanigans"
And we've been the victims of crap from other unethical businesses too. So I can tell you first hand we (other vendors) appreciate it when people notice.

Bottom line everyone...

I disagree as well. If they have great stuff at great prices I will shop there. But I would hate to be shafted somewhere down the road when I could have simply avoided it with an informed opinion. If the business owner has unethical practices or questionable actions, then I think we should be aware of it. Isn't that why we have a "Vendor Experiance" thread??? There seems to be no shortage of opinions when we get bad or good service at one of our sponsors. Why would we not inform the members of some potential problems based on FIRST HAND FACTS not hersay or speculation. At least that's what the thread rules are. The line "If it didn't happen to you" is BS IMHO. If you have knowlege of a retailer that is shafting people, yet you fail to inform your "buddies" and they in turn get shafted, who is worse? The retailer for doing the shafting or those who are aware of it, but do nothing? Now instead of at least letting the membership know of a potential problem, everyone want's to play their cards close to the vest. I believe Greg Hiller's sig quote belongs here "Lighten up, it's just a freakin fish club"

I'll agree with both points here, while it's healthy to have a desire for opinions one where you shop it can also be unhealthy for some old dealings to be rehashed on the boards. That said I hope that any comments can be kept to PM as opposed to this becoming a "toxic" thread. :)

That's why I asked for PM's. I can see both points as well, but if I get screwed by a retailer then you better believe I would let the rest of you all know about it while still remaining within the guidlines of the forum rules or via PM's. All I am looking for is a "Hey, here is what happened to me" type of explanation. I would hazard to guess that the majority of us on here have no clue as to why there are ill feelings toward AG, and we are simply looking for the information. I guarantee that if the people who are privy to this info DIDN'T already know, they would be right on board with wanting to know.

That's why I asked for PM's. I can see both points as well, but if I get screwed by a retailer then you better believe I would let the rest of you all know about it while still remaining within the guidlines of the forum rules or via PM's. All I am looking for is a "Hey, here is what happened to me" type of explanation. I would hazard to guess that the majority of us on here have no clue as to why there are ill feelings toward AG, and we are simply looking for the information. I guarantee that if the people who are privy to this info DIDN'T already know, they would be right on board with wanting to know.

At any time you can make a post in the Vendor Experience forum regarding any vendor you have had experience with.

At this time it would be good for everyone to take the time to review the policy on vendor posting in reeftalk http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/announcement.php?f=2&a=20

Back