Aquanotes on a Mac

I use it with Parallels. It is the same thing as VMWare and aquanotes works great.

I set it up just as I would on a regular Windows XP computer. No special settings.

No special settings here either. I use VMWare Fusion 2.x

Just make sure the serial port is enabled on the VM.

Ray -

Any chance you could elaborate on how-to? I'm neither a VMWare nor a Mac whiz. Im using VMWare just for this specific purpose :p

I'm also using a Prolific Serial - USB pigtail to connect to the Mac - does that make a difference?

No special settings here either. I use VMWare Fusion 2.x

Just make sure the serial port is enabled on the VM.

Ray -

Any chance you could elaborate on how-to? I'm neither a VMWare nor a Mac whiz. Im using VMWare just for this specific purpose :p

I'm also using a Prolific Serial - USB pigtail to connect to the Mac - does that make a difference?

That's going to make a difference. I have issues getting USB-serial ports working on my NON VMWare instances of XP.

My puTTY telnet client bombs out constantly with my usb-serial, and I've tried 3 or 4 types. My next laptop will def have a native serial port

After dedicating some time to this today I was able to get the Prolific USB to Serial working on the virtual machine, I had to kextunload as root in Terminal then restart the virtual machine, at which point I had use of it. I've set it as COM 3 in the Aquacontroller settings (that is what it defaulted to in Windows XP), and the bottom of the AC software says "Connected", but it always eventually shows aquacontroller not responding.

And after just a little bit of additional tinkering, we are officially in business.

Now to get this thing running on a serial - bluetooth :p Then I'll have a wireless ACJr connected to a Mac

Back