AquaNotes Question

fulinn

Love to Learn
I'm going to be getting a ACjr shortly ( I hope ) and have a question.

If anyone is using the full version of AquaNotes could you explain as fully as you can what the "Web server" option does ? What am I missing if I don't have this feature available to me? The "Webserver" option will not run on any of the the four computers in my home as they all run win xp home which does not have web server support included.

So you tell me...do I care that I can't get web server functionality from AquaNotes ?

Thanks

Bonnie

The web server comes built in the 2,3 and pro. As you know you wont be able to use the web based program of aquanotes with XP home. Since you asked with the web server you dont need aquanotes as the server is built in the AC. You could still use the Aquanotes and all its nice feaures and not the webserver. I think you would still need XP Pro regardless. I have the Jr. and have aquanotes. Many here have the more top off the line AC and can correct me if I got something wrong.

First, only the AC3 and AC3 Pro have the built in web server (not the AC2 or AC2 Pro).

Second, to me the web server is very important since I am away at times from my tank. It allows me to check on the tank, and turn on / off devices from remote if I need to. If I was home most of the time, the web server would be far less important.

Do you have it hooked to a dedicated modem & phone line for access to the internet or access through DSL/Broadband & your pc ?

Bonnie

Back