aquaria, fish, and watching your back

KAS

Always learning
Hah! made you look.

After visiting Chuck S, we went to Sea Creatures in Revere and picked up this beauty, our first butterfly. Note the yellow tang in the background, keeping one eye on the newcomer. The copperband is not allowing himself to be intimidated, so peace should reign in short order.

Rich & Karen

Attachments

• 0409181849.jpg
    0409181849.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 302
Karen, how's Chuck's tank doing?
Hopefully Chuck's on the road to recovery.

Last edited:
I have been to Sea Creatures in Revere. Ken2001 gave me directions. What a great setup they have. SO many tanks with a lot of livestock...well atleast when I was there, there was. Everything looked happy and healthy too. I bought several things in there that day. Impulse buys...gotta love 'em.

Moe - I was sad to see some of the corals that I can only imagine how beautiful they once were. The good news is that, according to Chuck, things seem to be holding there own right now. Also, one side of the tank seems to be untouched by whatever went wrong in the tank. The frags I took of his corals seem to be doing OK in my tank so at least he will be able to start over with some of his handpicked beautiful specimens.

I was really impresses with sea creature in Revere, especially for fish. You guys should stop by there sometime. Thanks Chuck for recommending it. Also, the guy that owns it seems to know a lot about the species of fish he carries and won't give you misinformation.

I hope he didn't sell you mine!! I went up there last week on Ray's recommendation, and I was really impressed with the store and the owner as well. He's saving a Copperband for me. I'm picking her up on Wednesday - can't wait!!

Hey, I saw that guy on Friday and had I not had my hands full with other stuff would've grabbed him too, great looking fish! ;) I've gotta second or third or whatever it's up to now on that lfs though, great selection of fish and the owner was great to talk with, was there chatting for an hour after closing on Friday!

Yeh, I forgot to mention. I got there at 10:30, called him because I was lost, he told me he doesn't open til noon but said come on over anyways. He let me in at 10:30 and we talked for an hour. He wasn't even opened yet! I could've stayed there a lot longer, but I felt bad because he hadn't even opened the store yet. Great guy.

What a beauty !

Karen,

That copperband is gourgeous !

Glad you enjoyed Sea Creatures ! John, the owner, is fanatical about his fish...great guy and great local store. Does he have his SPS section completed yet ? Can't wait !

Thanks again for holding my frags...especially for driving from Westford! I also should thank Ray for taking some frags as well...he is a great guy and is from my home town, Peabody!

I finally rang out most of the plumbing problems, (Denvig, thanks for your suggestions and comments !), and now I have more flow from my sump into my tank than I ever had ! Small micro bubble problem is gone and the water parameters are all holding steady at optimum levels. I also removed all of the old plumbing and the old sump under the tank...It is empty under my tank, which is a really strange feeling ! But having all of my "stuff" in that new room and easily accessible is going to help take the "sting" out of my maintenance sessions. No more breaking my back and untangling power cords....ahhhhh !

Thanks again Karen and good luck with your new Copperband...he will undoubtedly give you years of enjoyment!

Regards,
Chuck

KAS said:
Moe - I was sad to see some of the corals that I can only imagine how beautiful they once were. The good news is that, according to Chuck, things seem to be holding there own right now. Also, one side of the tank seems to be untouched by whatever went wrong in the tank. The frags I took of his corals seem to be doing OK in my tank so at least he will be able to start over with some of his handpicked beautiful specimens.

I was really impresses with sea creature in Revere, especially for fish. You guys should stop by there sometime. Thanks Chuck for recommending it. Also, the guy that owns it seems to know a lot about the species of fish he carries and won't give you misinformation.

Back