Ashamed to be associated with BRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully it will work out and we get back to being positive about hosting this event in Boston..

IF the 110 capacity is the firecode you can not put more standing people in the room. They will be thrown out. There is typically a fire marshall at conferences like these. I like Randy's idea to have the larger ball room available if needed and post a sign saying "moved" if it becomes a big problem...

I think its trial and error, if its a problem this year they will have no choice to fix the problem next year

Lam you all need to get a life. Did you help organize any of this??? Now at the last min. you want to join in on the flaming and bashing of the few that actually did create a conference to be proud of.

Over a 1000 people registered and what maybe 10 total complainers? Sounds like 1% complaints to me. Not bad

KUDOS to the actual organizers for what they have done.

JOB WELL DONE!!! The organizers make me PROUD to be associated with the BRS.

guys, cool down! please. i saw nothing about the conference itself. I saw someone expressing concern over the manner in which someone who represents "us" was acting.
You have done a great job organizing the conference. But the feel on the web about "us" is not good. I'm concerned about how I am being perceived out on the web too. it doesn't have to do with the conference itself but they way that we are being perceived. Try and listen to the concerns not the crap that goes with the concerns. I am concerned because someone who represents me took a very unproffesional atitude ( my opinion) towards a question and caused and is causing a lot of unneeded grief.
MY OPINION. want to get pissed at me email me or PM me. thanks

I realize the MACNA team has put a ton of hard work and time into the conference and no one is saying otherwise.

I believe what Lam was referring to is the manor that certain people responded to people?s concerns. They were unprofessional and down right rude.

I was (more then) a little surpised when I read the thread last night, and then posted. I can't imagine the amount of work that has gone into this (since I haven't helped). But I think this could of been handled better. I don't blame Ron for getting ticked off, but he should have just ignored them. You can't please everyone. I haven't really bothered to look at the agenda up close. Why? Because I've been to events like this in the past, and there are always concurrent speakers. There isn't anything that BRS/MACNA 2004 are doing that is any different from what is normally done (by other large events).
But perception is everything....It's unfortunate that a great event is being (not sure of an exact word to use) "trashed" in this manner.
And I do think it is our responsibility to calm some of these (unfounded?) fears. BRS is not MACNA (except for this year), I think we do owe it to our fellow Reefers to explain the event & attendee's.
JMO

That was a reply to dad. I think everyone is a little frustrated at the situation. Hopefully the parties can iron this out.

I agree with Dave. I think rather then get all defensive and pissed off when someone asks about a possible flaw in the system, we should at least look into it and explain why it is NOT a problem. I think thats all people were asking for on the thread.

How many paid people (who can go to speakers) are registered for each day?? People are getting excited by the 1000+ number. But as Moe and others have pointed out, that includes people who did not pay for speakers. Why is it a secret how many people will be competing for the 110 spaces in each room.

I also agree it is perfectly reasonable to have speakers go at the same time. Boohoo if you cant see them all, make a decision. BUT I think if your paying this amount of $ for something you should be able to make yourself a schedule and see who you want to see within the offerings. and not be shut out.. You also shouldnt have to miss a speaker in the previous slot because you are waiting in line to assure you dont miss a spot in the next slot..

Why cant someone simply answer the question everyone is asking?

Tstone said:
Lam you all need to get a life. Did you help organize any of this??? Now at the last min. you want to join in on the flaming and bashing of the few that actually did create a conference to be proud of.

Over a 1000 people registered and what maybe 10 total complainers? Sounds like 1% complaints to me. Not bad

KUDOS to the actual organizers for what they have done.

JOB WELL DONE!!! The organizers make me PROUD to be associated with the BRS.

Wow!! :eek:
I didn't know that voicing an opinion was a bad thing. This is starting to really suk!! I think more people have questions and aren't asking. No one was really complaining...concerns is the word. I'm not going to MACNA and I was just reading along..... I think Randy's question was valid and since no one gave a "straight" answer, the questions started to snow ball...then everyone got defensive. Just an observation....... Is this bashing??

I've been talking with reefers from other states who are planning to attend and I understand how disruptive and expensive is for them to come here for this event. They should be treated respectfully and have their concerns addressed. Just my 125 cents.

Yeah....I guess so. Everything is so different now. You want any of you xenia back?
I have about 15 shrooms now they're goin' nuts if you want a couple, let me know.

I think that "action speaks louder than words" in speech or text...

MACNA is going to be a well attended, and much enjoyed event. It is right for some to have their concerns. However, I have a "gut" feeling that it'll all work out in the end, and that you will get your typical 90/10 - like -vs- dislike as an end result. I also know that the BRS folks both on the BOD, and in attendance will do their best to make the attendees and speakers "comfortable" during their trip to Beantown.

I am truly embarrassed to say that I did nothing for MACNA but call a couple lists of possible sponsors/advertisers to compile PoC information and hang a few posters on some LFS storefronts. There are a LOT of BRS folk who have given blood, sweat and tears for this event; often interfering with their daily lives. I applaud you and apologize for not contributing more.

My only input is that we need to remember, through this, into MACNA and beyond, that we are acting as ambassadors for BRS, the additional New England hobbyists and for Boston as a whole. If we keep that in mind, and are ready to perform and party, then "it's all good".

See you there......

David

It seems to me a few pissed off folks can make a lot of ruckus if they've got that type a go get em personality. We've all seen the one person who posted on just about every public board their own doomsday scenario because they weren't handled appropriately initially. I work in customer service, and I know the type well. I am not in any way involved in MACNA, and I am a big fan of BRS and my friends who I've made through the forum. Ashamed? C'mon, I'll echo T-stone and say that's a little silly. This is a great board, and a great group. A lot of people are impossible to please...for most of us this is just a hobby, and that can alienate those who have NOTHING but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back