ASM G4 big O-Ring popped off: How to replace?

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
I have little patience.

While emptying my skimmer today, I noticed a big ol' O-ring in the bottom of the sink. It's the same diameter as the riser tube, so obviously it is the gasket between the twist-off neck and the main riser tube.

I see where the O-ring fits onto the riser tube.

Now the question: how do I replace the O-ring in the groove?

Every time I try pushing it back into place, it just falls back out when I move on down the line.

Did I mention I have very little patience for machines and gadgets?

Do I need to hot glue this gasket into place or something?

Thanks,
Moe

get it in the grove at 12 o'clock work down both sides with either hand until you get close to 6 o'clock. then twist the o ring towards the center so when it goes on it wants to roll down into the grove.

It wants to pop off because the o ring gets twisted the wrong way so it wants to roll back off.

The grease will do the same thing effectively, it just makes it slip rather than roll.

(I feel like I just described something dirty)

get it in the grove at 12 o'clock work down both sides with either hand until you get close to 6 o'clock. then twist the o ring towards the center so when it goes on it wants to roll down into the grove.

It wants to pop off because the o ring gets twisted the wrong way so it wants to roll back off.

The grease will do the same thing effectively, it just makes it slip rather than roll.

(I feel like I just described something dirty)

Now thats funny!

OK, the goddam gasket pops out every time I take off the collection cup.
What the hell is going wrong? Why won't the gasket stay in place?

Seriously, I need advice here, because I am about to bust up this skimmer with a hammer. I am NOT kidding. :mad::mad::mad:

The o-ring on my G3 fell off after a couple of months, and I didn't even know where it came from. I've never replaced it and the skimmer works just fine.

The o-ring on my G3 fell off after a couple of months, and I didn't even know where it came from. I've never replaced it and the skimmer works just fine.
You don't get major leakage from where the twist off inverted funnel meets the riser column?

Back