ASMskimmers.com

wrenchturner

My other money pit
I got my ASM G3 from them and had them do the mods. (recirc and gate valve) Great service with the email to let you know its been shipped. When It got here was missing the PVC and the gate valve. 1 call and was taken care of in one minute. FedXed out next day delievery with a huge apology. Great service with them...

Initially I placed an order for my G3 from them but they were out of stock so I ordered elsewhere but figred that I was interested in ordering the gate valve mod kit anyways. At this time they were very responsive to my emails.

The kit was a little bit pricy but figured that you were paying for the convenience. When I got to the check out I could not believe the shipping charge. It was something like $18 to ship the small pieces of PVC and the valve. I believe that this was the same price as it is to ship the skimmer. Probabaly should have cost them no more than $5 for them to ship via UPS ground.

Sent them an email asking if this was the correct shipping costs and made a comment that it was a bit pricey. Never got a response back from them.

I had the same experience with them as far as the shipping goes. I wanted to order a new O ring for my G4 ... Not only was the O ring 8 dollars, but they wanted something like 15 dollars to ship it. I sent him an email that I didn't need it overnight and couldn't he just drop it in the mail in a small envelope ...
He said "no, I can't" . ... Needless to say, my G4 is operating without an O ring. It is running just fine, thank you. . ..

Paula said:
I had the same experience with them as far as the shipping goes. I wanted to order a new O ring for my G4 ... Not only was the O ring 8 dollars, but they wanted something like 15 dollars to ship it. I sent him an email that I didn't need it overnight and couldn't he just drop it in the mail in a small envelope ...
He said "no, I can't" . ... Needless to say, my G4 is operating without an O ring. It is running just fine, thank you. . ..

If you want an "O" ring try calling premium aquatics. Bet they can get one for you inexpensively.

yes, I am sure I can find one somewhere .. but the point is, I am disappointed in their customer service. They should actually have offered to send one out for free - This is not a cheap skimmer .. and word of mouth is EVERYTHING in this business.

Paula:

Just went to their site and it says that they are a reseller and distributor of ASM products, thus not the manufacturer so when you are dealing with them you are not dealing with the company -- just as if you were ordering from MD or PA. My guess is that if you contacted All Seas Marine directly and perhaps you explained the exerpience that you had with asmskimmer.com they may be willing to send you out a freebee.

Back