Atl tripple reds shrinking/melting

I was taking a few pics tonight and thought id update this post. My tripple reds have come back! Theyre still a bit small but theres even more of them now.
IMG00115-20090506-1905.jpg

Glad to hear Shane. I wanted some of these but Peter had said they're a little touchy so I passed for now. My stupid shrimp always walks over the zoas I do have so I'd prob never see the ATL red's open because of that little bugger :eek:

In the past 5 years, I have seen zoas comes and go. I once talked to a old timers and he told me why he did not like to keep zoas especially those expensive ones. He said zoas had limited life span and they did die away. For example, i have a large pink zoas colony for over 4 years and almost none of the polyps is the original. The rock where the original polys stayed is almost empty now.

The bottom line is that if you can not get the zoas multiply fast enough, you will lost them. That is why people should not buy zoas by polyp. You need to have at least 10 polyps colony to start with if you expect to keep that colony for a long time.

SPS is entirely another story. They live forever.

Back