Attaching corals to back glass

jdeb101

Non-member
I've been thinking about attaching some of my monti cap to the back glass. How do people do this? Do you just use the typical superglue/putty method? I feel like it's going to be difficult to get it to hold..

Glue or one of those sealed magnets then You can move it if needed. They even make cut rocks w magnets in then for this purpose they're very cool looking

Glue or one of those sealed magnets then You can move it if needed. They even make cut rocks w magnets in then for this purpose they're very cool looking

I have seen those rocks as well. Your right they definitely look awesome and give some depth to your aquarium.

Most I have seen are mimicked after shelf rock so they also provide some hiding places for fish areas to swim under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had luck glueing it to a piece of coralline on the back wall. Seems to stick better than glueing it to bare glass.

I've had luck glueing it to a piece of coralline on the back wall. Seems to stick better than glueing it to bare glass.

Good point and a very good tip.

The Coraline algae would have a rougher surface than glass allowing the glue to have something to fill into allowing better adhesive.

If your interested i could come up with some type of magnet mount for you to do that as well. Make it like an L bracket so the monti you appear to be coming straight out of the glass as it grows.

Back