Attention red bugs found

skyedolphan

Non-member
Attention to anyone who has received anything from me in the past month or so.
With the help of Delta ( :cool: thanks:rolleyes: )
I have found red bugs in my system once again.
With this new developement and knowing my own precautions that have been taken since my last double na dtriple dose treatments. I am no longer going to treat for them in my system. so from here on out on all corals that leave my home I will place a disclaimer that I DO have red bugs for all to be warned!!!!
I am on the side that rears that there is NO way to fully erridicate them from your system and because of my invertabrate inhabitants I am done stressing them and playing a roulette with their lives.

Sorry to hear Dawn. At least they're manageable and not as bad as having AEFW. Oops. :eek: I'll keep my mouth shut. I don't want to jinx you. ;)

BTW, can you tell what this "all your red bugs are belong to me" line is about? Is it supposed to be funny for some inside reason?

hmmm its kinda like when gamin "all ur base r belong to me." Have to be a gamer to understand it.

PLease do not jinx me, those are one thing that i have NEVER had in my system ( to my knowledge). Trust me when I say I have had most everything else at one point or another over the last 10 + years. from FW, red bugs. spiders, zoa nudis. montipora eating nudis, white fungus plaque , black fungus plaque Gorilla crabs from H*ll, gobies from there also, and the worse domino damsel you would ever want to meet.
I have started doing individual interceptor treatments on the corals that I can see them on just to keep them in check and help to keep the corals healthy and happy. As of now it is only 3 corals that I have found them on but I am sure there are more.

As for the comment
I take Brians word at it as I have no clue what they are talking about either ;)

So thats where I got them!! (kidding)

So Dawn are you going to live with the RB's?...and if so aren't your corals going to color down a lot, maybe not over night but when their population reaches plague levels the corals will surely look bad. I completely erradicated Red bugs before and believe its very possible, but I understand your invert issue, the only thing I lost was some emeralds and my nem survived (only to be gobbled up by a Vortech a week later) along with 1 big hermitt, although he froze two days!!!

Sorry Dawn. I won't let that slip again. ;)

LOL Ray. I actually can tolerate the music before it begins to pick-up and change. Kinda reminds me of my early raver days. :eek:

Whoah! This totally awesome kid's MP3 version is available free!
bananathumbsup.gif
He sounds a little like Ash from Alien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUyxurUWtSQ&feature=related

I'm guessing Greg probably noticed them while treating the coral, perhaps with his macro lens.;)
I saw them in her tank while I was checking it out. No macro lens needed. Nothing from Dawns tank has been added to my tank needs to be quarantined first. Seeing as it is an LPS I will just wait it out even though I already ran it through a treatment.

I have a few test Acro frags in my tank in about 3-4 months if those do well I will quarantine and treat more Acro's to add. I waited a few month with some test Monti's, before I added the Acro's. Nothing goes in the tank with out some type of treatment and/or quarantine. I even treated everything that came out of my old tank, just to make sure. Even with all that you never know.

Last edited:
Yes Greg was able to see them imm. I on the other hand had not taken a close look at the tank in over a month :eek: summer, kids yard, pool all = 0 time for the tank and I really was not concerned about the red bugs due to the intense treatment I did and my own precautions with all new aquasitions for the tank. I now know better, feel horrible if I passed them on and am just totally done with treatments.

I do not think coloring down of the corals will be a problem but if it is I will do what I need to at that time ( maybe a softie and LPS tank will be my next adventure) I will continue to take the corals out and treat individually as I see RB on them. but other than that I am not changing much else.

they r such a pain..i just underdose now and i leave it in for 1week..just lost my shrimp,again,but i still can't seem to figure out how they come back...

Back