Awhile back was a thread about us making an article for some site or a book or???

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
IDK if anyone on here remembers, but at some point late last year there was a thread on here about us on BRS doing research on something (maybe skimmers IIRC) and the inputted data was going to be put into a professional article on some site or magazine or something? Does this ring a bell with anyone? I can't find the thread and forgot what the subject was too.

Could you be thinking of the inlandreef salt study? If so, IIRC the BRS had nothing to do with it but it was local.

Nope this thread was strictly BRS. We were gonna set up a bunch of tanks each with a different style skimmer and compare and contrast how different skimmers produced different skimmate and measure levels of certain things in them with some guy on here who worked at some lab that had special machines or something to do so with.

We were gonna have equal size tanks and a unskimmed tank, a needlewheel, venturi, etc. Or something like that. IDK my memory of it is still fuzzy but it was one of my favorite threads and I just wanted to see if we ever got anywhere with the research.

That does sound vaugely framiliar? I wonder if it was an idea that got said but never went beyond the brainstorming phase?

Back