Baby boy = Under the sea theme bedroom!

jdeb101

Non-member
:D

Just found out yesterday we are having a baby boy, which is awesome in it's own respect but also a plus because wife wants to do an under the sea theme baby room (as opposed to a pink girly room, lol).

I've been going back and forth between deciding if I should do a sw or fw tank... should I do pico size, or nano (22 gal) size...

Does anyone on here have an aquarium in their childs room? Got pics? Ideas?
Super excited, for both the birth of my son and new aquarium. lol

First off Congrats! There was a member here Ronnie and he had an sps dominated 75g tank in his sons room it was very cool. Unfortunately my daughter isn't really into it enough to want to put a tank in her room yet.

Congrats!
I wouldn't put a tank in a child's room until they were older. Just my opinion. To much could go wrong. Probably not an issue as a baby but he could pull it down or throw things in it as he gets older.

There arereally cool wall decals now that you could use to decorate with or have a mural painted. We just had a boy in December and went with the decals (Jungle theme not undersea) and ordered them online.

Congrats man I have a reef tank in my sons room it's a great thing to have great night light an it keeps the baby busy looking at it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362586571.653568.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

I wonder what other risks there may be from running a tank in baby room, especially a reef. Maybe there are risks that are not so obvious? Baby's love to stare at light... with the light intensity our reefs use maybe this can be harmful to his vision? Could the constant light throughout the day affect his sleep? etc etc...

1) just make sure you baby doesn't come 4th in line to your corals...lol...sps, then lps,then softies, then baby! lol 2) great way to get brownie points with the wife as you will be fighting her to see who "GETS" to put the baby to bed tonight. 3) gets you out of reading bed time stories as the tank should do the trick because many a night i have bored my girlfriend to sleep on the couch as she watched me work with my hands in the tank for hours 4) thats one way to hide the smell of the tank/skimmate if you set up the system next to the dirty diaper bin.....congrats, good luck!!!!

Don't forget the cute killer whale and the polar bear.

I had a second tank in my sons room and it was an expensive night light that didnt get viewed. I ended up moving it downstairs, but caring for two tanks can be a pain.

Congrats and good luck

I had a second tank in my sons room and it was an expensive night light that didnt get viewed. I ended up moving it downstairs, but caring for two tanks can be a pain.

Congrats and good luck

Interesting... I was under the impression I would be spending a lot of time staring at it trying to get the baby to sleep. no? lol

The more I think of it, the more I would want it to be a simple - easy to care for tank. Like you said, two tanks may be much, especially lugging sw up and down stairs. I'm thinking either going pico size sw, or perhaps neon fw.

Back