baking soda and super glue

You can also make instant set spray. Mix ro water with the baking soda in a small spray bottle and there you go. I used it for my recent rock scape.

Sorry I'm having trouble imagining this - do you glue the scape then spray the mixture on the super glue? How thick do you mix it?

Sorry I'm having trouble imagining this - do you glue the scape then spray the mixture on the super glue? How thick do you mix it?
You spray the joint as soon as you are happy with positioning. It basically immediately cures the superglue and the joint is strong enough to handle within 10-30 seconds. There are recipes out there if you look for DIY super glue accelerator, will give you the weight of baking soda per volume water but essentialy mixes as a solution.

You spray the joint as soon as you are happy with positioning. It basically immediately cures the superglue and the joint is strong enough to handle within 10-30 seconds. There are recipes out there if you look for DIY super glue accelerator, will give you the weight of baking soda per volume water but essentialy mixes as a solution.
^this lol

the baking soda helps to neutralize the acid(stabilizer) in the superglue allowing it to cure/set quickly. think i used 2tsp baking soda per cup of water in a spray bottle. More cost effective than buy a 2oz bottle of activator for $10

I used only fine sand instead of baking soda. Just as fast, just as quick and looks natural because of the sand.

Back