Basement Plumbing RODI

jackie

Non-member
I set up my RODI in the basement to feed off the cold water line hoping I'll get more water pressure, and plan on putting a 50g brute in the basement, plumbing up the floor to where the tank is. What I'd like to do is use some sort of pump with a water shut off on the main floor so I don't have to run to the basement to shut the water off when I'm through. Does this make sense or do I need another cup of caffeine to explain better:D

If a "water shutoff" is a plumbing gadget, wouldn't it be easier to have a remote electrical switch for the pump? Ideally, there'd be a junction box with a switch on the main floor controlling a junction box with an outlet in the basement. But you could just run an extension cord from the pump to the main floor and plug/unplug it as needed.

All the usual caveats about avoiding syphon and not running the pump dry apply. That is, you need to know what's in your 50g.

it's even simpler than that,you can plug your pump in the basement into a X10 module and have it remote control from upstairs.
You can get a starter kit which includes a remote,the reciever and 1 module on ebay for about $25.
HTH,Liam.

Back