Bent, Poweder Coated Steel?

Sean Irwin

Non-member
I'm trying to build a light hanger for my new aquarium whose dimensions aren't compatible with the light bracket hanger things commercially available. I suppose I could go the EMT tubing route but I wonder if there are any local or online sources for bent, powder coated steel akin to the Current light hangers? I've found this website, but it looks like they only have straight lengths: http://www.eztube.com/steel_tube/steel_tube.html.

I know of a powder coater that does good work if you can find something the right shape.

you could bend your own then send it out to be powder coated.... i new a place... but i cant remember a name....

Yeah, unfortunately the bending part seems to be the limiting factor. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a powder coating business, while it looks like plutonium would be easier to source.

Just an idea - I found a boat load of Aluminum extrusions out next to a glass shop I use. I believe they were commercial window frames. Perfect for projects like this and free. :) So, I'm driving through the next town, pull into a store and there is a Portland Glass business next door. Next to it is a pile of used aluminum extrusions.... I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Back