Big Mistake!

banshee1

Non-member
So last night I turned on my rodi system to top of my return section and completely forgot about i.woke up this morning and my kitchen and basement were soaked! Damnit! lesson learned! Don't do tank maintenance before bed!

Too funny!! I overflow my water change barrel atleast once a year and been in this hobby for over 12 yrs..................Sometimes one never learns.

seems like I do this once or twice a month, but it is my basement...

get a few "leakfrogs" (I have found it helps to take them out of the box too, lol) and place them around the buckets, they are good at detecting water and are pretty cheap, I can send u a link if ur interested

It would have been funnier if it hadn't leaked all over our christmas presents and my grandmothers books.yeah if got a link to those leakfrogs that would be cool.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that been in this hobby for 6 months so far and no flood yet knock on wood. But one of my biggest fears. Whenever I work on my tank before bed I get up like once or twice make sure everything's fine lol. Cause there would be no time to deal before work would have to take a sick day. Good luck with cleanup

It would have been funnier if it hadn't leaked all over our christmas presents and my grandmothers books.yeah if got a link to those leakfrogs that would be cool.
oh man that is a pain in the back side!!!! hope everything turns out ok for you...

as for the books i know its take a while but you can place a paper towel between each page and place them by a heater (not to close) and they should do ok ... i did this with a really old book not long ago and it came out fine.. :)

Well my nana sells books and there are boxes stacked to the ceiling in the basement so that woolf be a whole lot of paper towels! Lol! She gets em cheap enough though so it shouldn't be a huge loss....I hope

Well my nana sells books and there are boxes stacked to the ceiling in the basement so that woolf be a whole lot of paper towels! Lol! She gets em cheap enough though so it shouldn't be a huge loss....I hope

oh i thought they were keepsakes like a box or two LOL my mistake i am glad they are not over the top important..

I over flow my RODI in my basement all the time...helped find a crack in the foundation of this new house we moved into about a year and a half ago...guess that's one plus side of overflowing the water?

I almost did the same thing last night as well. The cat nocked something over and I heard it from bed. Went down to check it out and saw/remembered I left it on.. I do it all the time once a month or so... Gotta fix the walls down stairs this weekend :( ... Sorry all the presents got wet. At least the books didn't coast to much...

It happened to me last week and I live in a third floor

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I was doing it all the time, so I started putting the bucket next to me on the couch, well all the sudden my foot got wet. The bucket was about 1foot away from me. Now when filling 5gal buckets they go in the kitchen sink. The worse one was when I pumped out my 55gal drum, and left the hose in it. About 2hours later one of my Apex water bugs was going off??? Well it back siphoned into the barrel, and all over the floor.

Like Greg said its a right of passage. If you havnt flooded something, you are not doing something right.LOL

I used to have my ro automated,but that failed so I went full manual,,I flood my basement at least once a month now! Every time it floods due to my memory I say to my self "got to go buy a timer and float switch" but then I forget,,and flood the basement the very next week:)

Back