Blue Digitata

Piscevore

elsewhere
I've heard about some sweet blue digitata at Skipton's, but I'm not going to make it by there in the next few days...too busy. I'm pretty sure its all gonna be gone by the time I get there, but I really want to see it. Do any of you fine folks have a purdy picture of the stuff for me to check out? Specifically I want to see how blue it really is :) ( My tank likes blue)

The had a very nice piece at Aqua Addicts two weeks ago. Rumor is that former officer bought it. It was very blue.

I bought a piece a few weeks back....it is a really light, powder blue. I am hoping it
gets a little darker, but is it is doing fine so far.

it looks like the one i got last year from them (porites)

040405A.jpg

Is it that German Blue Monti Digi? If so, it can end up in many shades of blue or purple. My single colony has been fragged over 2 dozen times. I've seen it in Gumheads tank, Gustavo's tank, lots o' tanks. Every clone colored up differently.

Under my 2X 175MH (10K) and 2X URI Actinics, it turned from a blue/lilac to a deep purple. In Gumhead's, under brighter light, it turned true blue and lost any hint of purple.

Others who got frags from me should chime in and report the color differences. It'd be interesting.

Of course..if you are NOT talking about the ORA German Blue Digi... I apologize and now return you to your reefing...already in progress.

No, no, no, stop playing guessing games (lol)
They are not bleached purple digi. They are aquacultured blue Montipora digitata. There are also Purple Montipora digitata (I have seen some of these turn brown). As well as the blue polyp German digi, which in David's tank is quite amazing.
To set it strait for ya, we did get some in today. They are in the bags now and will not be acclimated until tomorrow. My Isle is closed and the lights are off while acclimating, so I hope that no one saw this and tried to venture through this rediculous traffic in Boston. To be honest some of the ones in the bags look purple and some look blue, we won't know until tomorrow :)

-B-

Mike Accardi said:
they almost look like a blue porites
That's cause that is what they are. If the skeletal structure doesn't give it away, look at the polyp's themselve's porites polyp's and monti's polyp's are quit different...

I have seen the blue porites, and they are deffinately different from the blue digi.
The ones that we had when Spyro grabbed his, are Montipora digitata, not porites. I believe that some of the ones that we got today are Porites, won't know for shore until tomorrow.

-B-

Picked up a blue digitata today at skipton's. Seems to be acclimating nicely so far.

Attachments

• blue dig post.jpg
    blue dig post.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 378
Looks nice, I have the ORA German blue I got from a guy in florida, really sweet colony now. Fin and Feather in Groton, CT has several large frags of the ORA Blue digi, which is a sky blue color, not purple at all.
Nice looking JD...

Back