Blue Squamosa clam coloring question

PasstheTorch

BRS Member
Hi all!
I got this blue squamosa clam(pretty hard find), and the store that had it, it was not only marked as a corcea, but was under pc's. normally i would not have bought it due to is current habitat and not knowing anything about the health of the clam, but seeing a blue squammie, and seeing the mantle fully open i took a shot. The clam is beautiful. i was taking pictures of my tank and saw the clam flap up a little on one side, and caught a pic. the thing that baffeled me was the INTENSE coloration under the clams mantle. it had greens and blues and lines that are so bright. over the next few months do you think the color i saw will make its way to the front???? the clam has aready brightened up from when i brought it home under my ati t5 bulbs so i am hope full. the picture of under the mantle isnt the greatist because i had to take it quick but shows the brightness of the underside ok, but much better in person.
thanks in advanced
jeff

DSC02825.JPG

DSC02815.JPG

i grew one of these for many years and sold it in a tank breakdown, really an awesome color for a squamie....good score!! If it was under pc it should brighten up for you for sure and make sure it has space these guys can grow pretty big under the right conditions

i grew one of these for many years and sold it in a tank breakdown, really an awesome color for a squamie....good score!! If it was under pc it should brighten up for you for sure and make sure it has space these guys can grow pretty big under the right conditions

Thank you! and he has the whole sand bed of a 72 bow when he grows more. Almost 6 inches as of now. and I'm very happy to hear about the color!!

Back