Blue throat triggers

Nickt

Non-member
So today I came home to a heater that stayed on.... Fortunetly I only lost one fish not the whole tank. But being a blue throat trigger that died I'm wondering if the other blue throat I have will be ok by itself? I bought them as a pair male and female.

I keep my Blue Throat solo. It was in store in a pair, but she is doing fine on her own. Only issue I run into is that she can be timid at first then she will warm up to you and come out.

Keep an eye on tank not all damage appears on the initial event, but could pop up over the next 24 to 48 hours.

thanks ill be keeping a close eye. so far corals and fish all seem fine temp reached 83 before i caught it.

i didn't think it was a huge deal to reach that temp. but i don't see any other reason for the fish to die.

Was it in poor quality? 83 seems not super high enough to kill a fish. Maybe it was leeching current into the water?

Sorry to hear about the fish, I love blue throats. I'm with Bill, I doubt the 83 temp killed it but it is possible. Just make sure nothing else in the tank is malfunctioning.

Good luck

everything is on 2 gfi outlets. could be a possibility. as far as poor quality he has been in the tank for about 4 months seemed healthy eating and swimming. one thing i did catch was he got stuck to a power head about a week ago for a quick second while eating.

83 isn't high at all, definitely not enough to kill a fish. In the summer my tank will reach 83-85 during the hot days, nothing happens to the tank at all.

Sounds like the fish was already very weak or stressed.

83 isn't high at all, definitely not enough to kill a fish. In the summer my tank will reach 83-85 during the hot days, nothing happens to the tank at all.

Sounds like the fish was already very weak or stressed.

Agreed. I have had one of my tanks up to 86° during the summer with no issues, and one of my QT's down to 65° (heater was unplugged!), and again no loss. It could have played a small factor, but as mentioned, it was likely already on its way out and/or just a coincidence. Sorry for you loss either way :(

Back