Bombing the house for fleas and Reef Aquariums ?

Rick M

Milton
My wife says the cat and two kids have fleas. She wants to bomb the house, I very wary, anybody have any input ?

Thanks, Rick

bad combo, can you close the tank off from the rest of the house, if you cant i would make sure you turn off anything that draws air into the tank and cover the top as best you can, also if you have a sump be sure to cover that as well..

I brought home a stray cat 6 or 7 years ago, not realizing he had fleas. I went with Frontline and bombed the house as well. I covered all tanks, including the sump or anything else that is exposed to the air, with trash bags and duct tape, turned off the skimmer, and went ahead and bombed house with one "bomb" per room. Went out for the day with our other cat and the dog. I had no problems, but everything has to be cleaned top to bottom and ventilated well before you take the covers off the tanks and start your skimmer back up.

Bombing the house with a tanks or tanks in it is scary if you ask me! Try the Frontline! If you use it faithfully it will work.

For fleas to survive they have to be on an animal or in a really dirty bed or carpet. Wash all your sheets frequently and vacuum carpets frequently until you are flea free. Personally I like Revolution better, it is also good for heart worms.

::advice from Jen::

Why do they even see those useless bombs anyways? Use Advantage or Frontline PLUS. If you use Frontline make sure it is PLUS and not Top Spot. The plus has an extra growth inhibitor that gets more of the flea life cycle. Advantage works just as well! Good luck! Nicole

Back