Bonsai Artisan Ceramic Rock (sneak peek )

mordibv

Non-member
I always wanted a different aquascape . I knew about the Aquaroche rock Don has which is awesome . I decided to try something off the radar t . I ran across CeramEco rocks . I will be mixing this with some fused live rock . Sorry I need the bio-diversity of the wild live rock .
I decided to get nosy and open the box today . I am still waiting on the other pieces to show up since they were not available .
They pack these in bubble wrap and spray expanding foam to keep the shipping damage to a minumum .
It was a pain to remove it from the box . I partially removed part of the main wrapper and take a quick pic.
The rock has all these lil mounts to place corals . The color of the rock is a reddish tan look . Should give acro's room to grow out on .

. The flash pic shows the part of the general shape ..
It is back in the box .

Well packed but a pain to remove . U gotta be careful not to break an arm off.

photobucket-2232-1321056310203.jpg

One of the Bonsai rocks . it is 10 x 10 x 10 . The flash is hiding all the mounting areas...

photobucket-3017-1321056351737.jpg

Last edited:
I was just looking at the website for those last week ad think how the bonsai tree one looks cool. Can't wait to see how it works out for you... When are you getting it wet?

Awesome! Been looking at those too
Great grab.

Thanks ,
I am still tossing the idea back and forth on using these types of rock solo or mixing with live and plastic rocks . I am waiting on an email for the branch and stackable rocks to come in since they are making a batch now . The rocks are unique in shape , no two look alike. Ur thoughts please ?

I have seen a different approach or method to get to a unls state with none of the additives used .

I was just looking at the website for those last week ad think how the bonsai tree one looks cool. Can't wait to see how it works out for you... When are you getting it wet?

Unfortunately that will be a bit due to several factors . I still can't make my mind up on the tank size . A move planned in April of next year will also make me not want to move a tank that young . A friend who is a cabinet builder with a mad wood working shop will give me access and help with the cabinet is on a busy schedule . He renovates a lot of homes and bars around here .
I can say I am making progress with picking up the hardware here and there .

The rock from my understanding has silicates in it . I can't remember if the Aquaroche rock was that way or this is the same . It will have to be soaked in ro/di water constantly changed out until the stuff is gone . I do not want a mad diatom bloom but sometimes that's part of an algae cycle .
So if you get some I would advise to really soak it .

Since I just ordered my new tank I thought I would pull this out of the box .
I have it cycling now and hope to remove any leaching .

photobucket-3206-1323462792625.jpg

It has about 7 to 10 spots for mounting SPS . I am about to give up on the other parts since there is no response from the vendor .

photobucket-1903-1323463363223.jpg

Awesome can't wait to see it w/corals on it. They are like a ceramic with sand right? Shouldn't leech anything I don't think. No response from the vendor eh? That stinks.

Yeah it is very tough to the surface. It is brown in color but when it was put in the qt tank under the leds it looks light, light purple.
Well I checked my qt tank for phosphate and it tested 0.00 ( hanna green egg unit. I tested it this morning before leaving town and it went to 0.09 ....It could have also come from the new life spectrum food. I do have some gfo running in there which makes it odd.
The manu answers my emails but the vendor is dragging their feet.

Sent from my Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back