Borrow a Skimmer?

EddieM

BRS Member
My skimmer pump (Red Dragon 1500) died yesterday and the new skimmer won't be here until late next week. I'm not sure how people go skimmerless, but I'm struggling to keep my Ph up. It's been dropping down below 7.6 at night (even with an air pump running around the clock). I'd rather not risk stressing and potentially losing my livestock, so if anyone has an in-sump skimmer rated for ~200 gal that I could borrow for a week or so, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm happy to pay you with cash or frags for your efforts. I'm in Goffstown, NH but am willing to travel to pick it up. TIA!

New skimmer has arrived. For anyone in the market, I highly recommend the Bubble King Double Cone. I thought my 10+ yr old Bubble King was decent, but it doesn't compare to the current model. Absolutely in love.
20200614_072103.jpg
20200613_105443.jpg

Your tank setup looks great. It looks like you painted or wrapped the top trim from black to white to match the stand and hybrid T5 fixture. The custom stand is awesome.

Last edited:
Your tank setup looks great. It looks like you painted or taped the black trim white to match the stand and hybrid T5 fixture. The custom stand is awesome.
Thank you. I did, I used 2” vinyl edge trim-Adhesive back where you just heat it and apply a little pressure. Worked great and completed the look I was going for.

Back